Heywood New Heart Community Transport is a flexible public
transport service you can use when you need it. You share the
transport with other passengers to travel anywhere in your local
- Heywood Industrial Park
- Hopwood Hall
- Birch Industrial Estate
- Birch Motorway Services
- Fairfield General Hospital and others as required
- Anywhere within the Heywood Area and beyond if unable to travel
on conventional transport
We'll pick you up from home and take you where you want to go. It's
ideal if you don't have a car and you want to ...
- Visit relatives and friends
- Community and local district centres
- Sports and Leisure activities
- Out and About in your local area
When Can I Use The Service?
We are now operating over longer hours and a wider area. The
service operates between the following hours ...
|Monday to Friday
||05:00 until 10:30
||09:00 until 17:00
||09:00 until 17:00
We are testing a system so that passengers using the service for
visits to the doctors can now book on the day rather than 24 hours
in advance. This reflects the fact that many Heywood GP's require
appointments to be made on the day rather than in advance.
How Much Does It Cost?
You must join our scheme to use our services; life
membership is just £1.00
Fares are based on how far you travel
Within Heywood - (Including Heywood Works Area) - £1.00
To Middleton - (Industrial Parks, Hopwood Hall, etc) - £2.00
To Fairfield General Hospital and Rochdale Infirmary - £2.00
To North Manchester General Hospital, Oldham Royal and Birch Hill -
Journeys to other hospitals are available, please call us for
Can Everyone Use Heywood New Heart Community
Anybody who lives in Heywood can use Heywood New
Heart Community Transport to travel to places in this area.
Our minibus is easy to get on and off and is child buggy and
wheelchair and electric scooter friendly. If you have an assistance
dog, you can bring it along too.
We can arrange group transport to sporting and leisure activities.
Just phone to book at least 48 hours in advance.
How Do I Book My Journey?
- Just phone us on (01706) 364688
- Our booking centre is open Monday to Friday between 8.30am and
5.30pm and Saturday between 9am and 1pm.
- Please remember to tell us if you want a return journey.
- You must book your journey at least 24 hours before you wish to
- You can book your journey up to one week in advance.
- You can book all your journeys for the week with one call.
- Please tell us if you have a wheelchair or child buggy.
If you would to find out more information regarding Heywood
New Heart Community Transport, they can be contacted ...
Independence House, Adelaide Street, Heywood, Lancs, OL10 4HF
Telephone: (01706) 364688
Fax: (01706) 364992