|The Social Investment Fund
(often referred to as the Vol Pot) has been set up to support local
community and voluntary organisations that are from or benefit the
people of the NDC area.
The main aim of the fund is to help increase the number of
residents involved in community activities and
A Panel, of local representatives, meets regularly to consider
applications for funding. Projects will be considered if
- Add to the number of people from the NDC area joining or using
- Improve facilities so more people from the NDC area can use
- Support new activities to attract people from the NDC
- Support existing activities in order to encourage new
members/maintain existing membership
- Support ways of encouraging volunteers to maintain their
- Increase the number of volunteers in the NDC area.